CRYOCHAPS have been developed to mimic ice bath or cold water immersion which has become part of many athlete’s recovery phase. The general theory behind this cold therapy is that the cold exposure helps to combat the micro trauma (small tears) in tissues & resultant soreness caused by intense or repetitive exercise.
The cold therapy constricts blood vessels, flushes waste products & reduces swelling & tissue breakdown. Subsequently, as the tissue warms & the increased blood flow speeds circulation, the healing process is jump-started. CRYOCHAPS provide cold therapy & essential compression to be proactive against injury, or, to help the healing process after injury.
- Cover all major tendons & ligaments in the lower leg anatomy.
- Easy to apply to the leg, just wrap & strap.
- Symmetrical in design so can apply to right or left leg.
- Compression applied with stretch neoprene.
- Non-toxic gel that maintains low temperatures.
- Smooth material to go against the leg.
- Gel filled compartments mould to the horse’s leg & are malleable.
- Seals prevent gel sinking to the bottom of the boot.
- The horse can move uninhibited, so after exercise the horse can be walked off.
- Temperature against leg is decreased quickly to less than 10 degrees centigrade.
- Alternative to water therapy which may prevent dermatitis associated with constantly wet legs & saves water!
- There is evidence that suggests, cooling the lower leg & hoof at the onset of laminitis, or ideally as soon as the risk is known, may prevent clinical signs of laminitis. CRYOCHAPS extensive coverage of the lower leg helps cool blood flow to the hoof which may help in early treatment.
Cryochap Hind Boot
FULL SET OF 4 FRONT and BACK CRYOCHAPS £140 +vat